Friday, March 19, 2010

Have Some Chips for Those Dips?



Why yes, I have heard Orange-crowned and Yellow-rumped Warblers, plus various others.... just nothing new on my last 2 bird bicycle trips - about 30 miles each. You can tell when I have seen few or no new birds and the birding is slow - I post mainly pictures of scenery. So I took these two rides and missed recently seen target birds (Ruddy Turnstone, Red-necked Grebe, and White-winged Dove), but had a new BIGBY bird in my front yard yesterday - a beautiful male Hooded Oriole. Such is birding! It was just a little more frustrating when I was biking to locations where I saw nothing new. Ok, it was sometimes a lot more frustrating! But it was beautiful on the coast, so I am posting these photos of the beautiful scenery and a common but beautiful bird from Estero Bluffs Sate Park. I am planning my first century ride this coming Sunday - I better find something new on that!



2 comments:

  1. This is the downside of having successful trips: that nothing new is left for future ones. Whenever I'm dipping I try to remind myself of this. In your case: there is always another winter in 2010. By the way, I noticed that you can add your non-motorized lists at www.surfbirds.com/rankings.html

    - Wim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement and the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete